July

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis


Friday, August 8, 2008

Olympic Opening Ceremonies

It is the 2008 Olympic Opening Ceremonies...and I am amazed. They have such grace and poise. I love to watch the nations walk through the stadium. Seeing the pride on the athletes faces and seeing just how amazed they are to be there themselves. It's just amazing.

The other thing watching this reminds me of is the last time I watched the opening ceremonies...two years ago. The 2006 Winter Olympics we were watching with Z & A (again). Being winter I was going to have tea...little did I know the amount of pain it would cause. :) Z had heated up the water and fixed my cup. He was handing it over the back of the couch to me and I thought I had it and told him so. I did not have it. It dropped out of my hands and HOT tea spilled all over my leg. I don't think I've ever moved so fast. I was wearing jeans and the hot liquid was not leaving my skin. I danced and tried to pull the fabric away from my leg, at the same time everyone was telling me to just strip. :) Once I got my pants off (not in front of everyone) my was very burned. It blistered and was pretty nasty for a while. I still give Z a hard time for burning me, though it was totally not his fault. :)

I hope you are enjoying the Olympics as much as I am. As Z was saying earlier, "Protest governments, or the evil of governments, but not the work the PEOPLE have put into these competitions." Enjoy the world in one place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the chant was, "Take them off...take them off..." :)