July

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis


Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkins, Pumkins everywhere...

Last night Shelisa and I went to get our pumpkins.

Check Spelling
I fell in love with the lopsided one and Shelisa liked the big fat one.

Tonight we cleaned off the table, got out the knives, and prepared to carve the beauties.


Shelisa wanted to do one that would showcase her wonderful artistic abilities. She was working and working, it was looking wonderful. I could have sworn it was going to be the best pumpkin I had ever seen. Then...


It broke and she almost swore. And those of you who really know her, realize that it was pretty good that she just "almost swore." :)


Mine I would like to dedicate to my dear friend, A. It is Captain Gourd. My pirate jack-o-lantern. I am pretty proud of it. I think it's the best I've ever done!


Shelisa's is hard to see here, she did put it back together with toothpicks. :) It's a kid peaking out from between his hands.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

1 comment:

Brett and Cindy said...

Cool Pumpkins! I like yours, nice eye patch! Brett did a pirate too, must be a theme!