July

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis


Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Springfield, CO

I was born in Springfield Colorado. It's an itty bitty town in the South Eastern corner of Colorado, population 1,302. I was born there and lived there for about 6 months. After that I went back just about every summer to stay with my grandma for a couple weeks. It was my second home growing up.


This weekend we went back to visit. Hubby had never been. He got to see my grandma's house, my cousins' houses where I spent all my time, the pool that we would hang out in when it got to be in 110s, the church we went to, and the drag we would drive every night. It was fun to see his reactions to the small town that I love. :)



On our way there I took pictures for my dad of some property. This is what the landscape is in Eastern Colorado; flat and dry. Thought the sun rises and sets are beautiful!




It's funny how when you've been gone for a while you forget how much you missed it.





No comments: