July

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis


Thursday, October 30, 2008

This is why I leave cooking to Hubby...

I found a recipe in one of my mom's cookbooks that I thought sounded good. Apple Pumpkin Soup. Most people I've talked to since thought it sounded gross, but at the time my mom and I thought it sounded good so it was created.

Apples were diced and sliced.

And sauteed with onions

Pumpkin was added

And I should have known it wasn't going to turn out too swell when I had to blend it to get rid of the chunks....

I thought it looked like baby food, but it smelled great!

The test came as supper. It was just Shelisa, Mom and I. Shelisa was the first to say that she thought it was gross. (My sister is not one to mince words.) Mom soon followed with the comments about how it didn't taste right and "wouldn't it be nice with out the onions." After half my bowl it started to wither with me too.... It just wasn't that great. There goes my daring with cooking. I'm sticking with what I know from now on...Hubby cooking. :)

1 comment:

Brett and Cindy said...

Okay, I could of told you that pumpkin soup was gross. It looks good on paper, but in reality...ick. Sorry it didn't turn out right, but I know you can cook! So keep trying. Beside, how good can Mike cook...?