July

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis


Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

This year, with all that has been going on in our life, it just hasn't quite felt like the holiday season. As I drove home from yet another temp job on Tuesday, the radio DJ was commenting on Christmas firsts. I thought about all the firsts of this Christmas for Hubby and I. It's the first Christmas where we haven't had a house, where our Christmas tree/decorations have stayed in their boxes, where Hubby had to work, where our life is in utter chaos. But with all of the "non" Christmas feelings, it's here and even past at this point. It still didn't feel like Christmas throughout the day. I have to ask my self, even though it wasn't the "ideal" Christmas, what is? The first Christmas probably wasn't ideal either. I just have to remember that Christ is still in the day and in my life. Just because it wasn't "perfect," it was God's perfect day for me.

I hope you had God's perfect Christmas day for you as well.

No comments: