July

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis


Monday, July 6, 2009

A busy weekend!

Saturday started out with work and a LARGE coffee. Once I was home from the work day, I made a salad for Sunday's church picnic and waited for Mike to get home from work. We planned to go to the Mac fireworks display. Once we were there and got settled (after waiting in half hour of traffic) we hung out for a while until the display started. They weren't that great, but Mike and I had fun together. Though, on our way out we decided that if the display is at the Evergreen Museum next year we're not going. We had to sit in traffic for over an hour to get out of the parking lot.












Sunday, after church, we had our 4th of July picnic. I made my favorite dessert type salad and a huge 5 gallon cooler of lemonade. We hung out at the park, eating and laughing.





We then rushed to the other half of the park for our softball game. We didn't win, but had fun. I even hit the ball and got on first, then got to third on the next hit. It was a lot of fun! :)

After the ball game, we came home for some naps and relaxing before our big night out.

A couple months ago I was driving to work and drove past the Drive-in theater in Newberg. I hadn't been to a drive in since high school at my grandma's house. I suddenly wanted to go again. So last night Mike and I packed up the car to spend a night at the movies. We packed a picnic supper, blankets, cards, and took off for the drive in. Playing was "Up" and "The Proposal". Both movies were spectacular! We laughed and almost cried. We even saw a Greece acting troop wondering the grounds. It was a great date night.







After not getting home till 2:00 this morning and in bed till 2:30, it's been a lazy day. I got the oil changed in my car and then been sitting on the couch. I hope your Independence Day weekend was just as exciting!

No comments: