July

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis


Saturday, July 25, 2009

The end to a perfect day

I've decided that while the perfect end to a perfect afternoon is making a new friend, it should NOT to be done the way I did it tonight. As I pulled onto the freeway to make my way home, I pushed play on a book on CD that was just hitting the good part, and cruised along behind a fellow driver. Unfortunately, the "friend" I made was cruising along behind me at that point, and made herself known with flashing blue and red lights. After handing over my license and registration and answering the usual questions about why I was going so fast (72 in a 55) and where I was going (home after swimming all afternoon), I was rewarded upon her return to my window with a warning. Thank goodness for friends!

No comments: