July

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis


Monday, July 13, 2009

Random collections

A couple of years ago, Mike got some records as a gag gift. There was a Donny Osmond and a Partridge Family. They hung on the wall in our old apartment. After that when we would find fun records at garage sales we would pick them up and they would be added to the collection. Slowly added were Frank Sinatra and some Johny Cash. The collection has been growing lately. I told Mike a while back that while the random collection was fun, I really wanted to actually listen to some of these records now.

On Friday morning Mike headed to an estate sale in town to check it out. He called me with the info that there was a record player there for $20! I called him back and left a message to get it. Unfortunately he didn't get the message until he was at work, but Saturday he headed back to see if it was still there. It was! I get a message while at work that it's loaded in his car along with a record holder and all the records they had left. They had wanted to get rid of it so badly we got the whole collection for $15! His comment that he would need help unloading it from his car when he got home made me pause. This is what I found upon unloading:

It's a whole console! It works wonderfully and is positioned in the dining room. I now get some sweet music while working in the kitchen! It has a radio and...

an eight track! Crazy!!! We don't have any 8-tracks, but maybe that will be the next collection. ;)

Mike had to teach me how to use the record player, but once that was done I've LOVED listening to all of our records. Though in the collection we got with the player is a lot of organ music and polkas...not to sure I'll be listening to those anytime soon. :)

1 comment:

Brett and Cindy said...

So funny! I love records. I think I have a Petra and a couple of others still somewhere in my stuff! I will have to start looking for records for you! By the way, I LOVED the Partridge Family. The only 8-track we had was The BeeGees. Scary how old I am, Huh?