July

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis


Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Most relaxing day ever?

Or at least most relaxing in a long, LONG time. I visited Mom in the hospital for a couple of hours (where she is doing GREAT), visited the library and left with 9 books + 2 movies, and then went and sat at Starbucks for 2 hours.

In college I learned the comfort of coffee shops. We would go to relax at the campus coffee shop after studying for hours, after major tests, or just because. Kim, Judy and I often frequented the Governors Cup in downtown Salem for a relaxing atmosphere. And I don't know how many friends I met over the years at the Lancaster Mall Starbucks. The coffee smell, the groovy music, the comfy chairs and the scrumptious drink and snack all equals comfort to me. I feel my soul sing and my muscles relax just entering a coffee shop. It doesn't matter what shop or where it is. I LOVE to sit in a coffee shop with a steaming drink (or an icy one in the summer) sitting on the table and a good read in my hands. I find coffee shops so relaxing I've taken to decorating my home in a coffee house theme. I even have found a candle that emits the constant fragrance of fresh brewed hazelnut cafe.

All that being said, when I left Starbucks at 5 this evening, even the traffic couldn't undo my content state of mind. The gorgeous sunset only boosted it.

2 comments:

Zach, Your Neighborhood ESL Instructor said...

Traffic would have been my "state of mind's" death... :)

Kimber999 said...

I miss those days...