July

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis


Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Snow and Surgery

Yesterday morning we woke up with a phantom snow storm. When I got a call from the Temp agency to work and they said to be there whenever I could because of the snow, I was so confused. It wasn't suppose to snow. The news has been saying no snow for at least another one if not two weeks. We have snow on the ground??? And sure enough, when I emerged from the dungeon basement and looked out the window, we had 5" of snow!!! That made for quite an exciting morning trying to get to a job. Luckily Ile was a steady and sure car. We swerved and almost spun out a couple of times, but I made it to the site in 45 minutes! And by the time I left four hours later the main roads were clear and it only took my 20 minutes to get home. :)

Also yesterday, Mom had another surgery. Her incision was infected, so when she went in to see the Dr, he sent her into surgery. They opened her back up and cleaned her all out. She is in the hospital again till tomorrow I think. Before she leaves they are putting her on a wound vac. The wound vac will keep her incision totally closed off to air, but pumps all the gunk out and will help her heal faster. Thank you for all your prayers for her. My whole family feels so loved and we appreciate all the concern.

No comments: